Friday, August 15, 2014

Day 4 of my favorite days of summer would be my trip downtown with Hannah and my mom. 

7/31/14
Hannah, Vanessa (a friend of ours), and I had found this interesting import shop that was having a sale due to them moving locations the last time we went downtown, but we weren't able to spend a lot of time there, so we wanted to come back. Dan decided that he wanted to work on his papers that day so he didn't come along, but my mom did. We rode the MAX down there, which is Portland's TriMet rail system, and then had to walk several blocks. This day was another scorcher, but luckely the blocks in Portland are fairly short. Here are some of my favorite shots from the day!


This was taken on the MAX ride there.










They had quite the selection of 80's and 90's manga. I regret not buying at least one!









After we shopped around (Hannah and I bought headbands and I got a necklace), we decided to go across the street to a restaurant called Tilt. My mom and I weren't too hungry so we ate pie (merionberry and apple) while my sister ate a burger with fries. 



After burgers, fries, and ice cream, we stopped by Ben and Jerry's for a scoop of ice cream. My mom, like always, got a double scoop of ice cream and shared with my sister. I got they cherry garcia flavor, which is my favorite flavor from Ben and Jerry's, but I'm the only one in my family that likes cherries, so I had one scoop all to myself. After we rode the MAX back and got home safely, my mom wanted my sister and I to do our daily harvesting of our next door neighbor's overgrown fig trees. They have two trees that go way over into our yard, and they actually don't eat too many of them, so they gave us permission to take as many as we want! My mom is absolutely in love with figs, so we pick some for her everyday. On average, we get maybe 8 a day. 

Well, today is the 15th, so only three more days till my trip to LA!! I cannot contain my exitement. Hannah comes back from Vancouver, B.C., today, so we'll be picking her up from the airport. Julia (one of our childhood friends) and I actually booked flights to LA for the Halloween weekend in October, with plans on visiting Disneyland again. Out of all the times I've been to Disneyland (which is a lot), I've never been when it wasn't summer! It will be really cool to see it dressed up with festive decorations. I have a lot to look forward to this year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment