Friday, August 8, 2014

First Post

Hello, and welcome to my personal blog! Recently I have been getting into photography and I made the decision to invest in an entry-level DSLR: a Nikon D3300. At this point, I'll mainly be using this blog as a way to track my progress as I experiment and learn more about photography. I'll also be using this as a journal of sorts. I guess an introduction is in order!

This is me:



My name is Sarrah Friesen, I'm half German and half Filipino. I'm starting my third year of pre-nursing at Oregon State University, majoring in nutrition. I love cats (I'm probably going to end up being that one crazy cat lady in the neighborhood), movies, drawing, and RPGs. My favorite movie I watched this summer is Guardians of the Galaxy, I highly recommend it. I've already watched it two times and I'm craving to see it a third time. If you don't like comic book/super hero movies, you should watch it solely for Chris Pratt. I'm also in the process of playing two games: Ni No Kuni and Bravely Default. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to finish them before school starts due to my busy schedule. This summer I got a job at an organization called Affinity Home Care. I work with older people, doing anything from dishes, sweeping floors, cleaning counter tops, to giving showers, transferring from wheel chairs, assistance dressing, and providing transportation. The job can be emotionally stressful at times, but it is very rewarding. I didn't anticipate liking my job as much as I do, and it reassured me that I'm on the right path in regards to nursing.

I'm the youngest of three children in my family.

My brother Daniel is probably the smartest person I know. He reads Wikipedia articles for fun, so that should tell you something haha. He is also training to run a marathon in the fall. My sister, Hannah, is a fantastic artist, and she actually is the one who got me into art when we were younger. She goes to school in LA, so she was able to get an annual pass to Disneyland, which makes me super jealous. All three of us are huge fans of Disney and will be visiting there in about a week with a friend, so you will definitely see some pictures from there in the near future.

So that's some information about me! I look forward to posting more and learning about photography. If any of you have some helpful resources, please feel free to share in the comment section! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment